Marco the Molecule
Water Adventure and Activity Book
Written by Rick Reynolds. Illustrated by Rick Reynolds and Cristina Watson. 57 pages
Join Marco the Molecule on his 4 BILLION year-long adventure! As a water molecule, life is almost never dull. He sometimes gets stuck in a glacier or underground for years on end, but most of the time he gets to have a blast riding the ocean currents and exploring the always-changing water cycle. He might be eaten in a leaf by a caterpillar and then somehow find himself in a beautiful rainbow on the other side of the world not long after.
Fully illustrated and filled with humor to engage all ages, the 7 parts of his water adventure story are followed by a variety of enjoyable activities designed to reinforce key terms and concepts such as evaporation, condensation, precipitation, transpiration, runoff, and erosion.
Some reasons kids and adults love the book:
- Entertaining episodes and visual diagrams make it easy to understand science.
- It’s fun to color Marco’s adventures and find him on every page.
- Engaging activities reinforce key concepts and terms.
- Body text is in Heineman Special, the easiest to read font developed through years of research.
- Marco knows how to have a good time!
Printed in Portland, Oregon on FSC-certified recycled paper and bound with recycled plastic Eco-Coil made in the Pacific Northwest.